Each year, the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC) hosts an annual conference within the National Federation of the Blind’s Annual Convention. Federation members and friends of all ages will gather to learn and share, reconnect with old friends, and form new friendships. The NOPBC annual conference includes many sessions and workshops on a wide variety of interesting topics.
We’re Gathering Together In Person – Please Join Us!
The 2023 NOPBC Conference will be held in-person in Houston, TX, July 1-6, 2023, in conjunction with the Annual Convention of the National Federation of the Blind. The theme of our conference is: Reach for the Stars! Raising Expectations for Our Blind Children.
Please contact NOPBC president Carla Keirns at President@NOPBC.org with any questions or for information about how to register without using PayPal.
Until June 30: $35 per person, or $50 per family.
- Single registration includes NOPBC membership through December 31, 2023
- Single registration includes one annual subscription for Freedom Scientific software (JAWS, Fusion, or ZoomText)
- Family registration includes two memberships and two software subscriptions
After June 30, including onsite registration: $35 per person
- Registration includes NOPBC membership through December 31, 2023
- Registration includes One annual subscription for Freedom Scientific software (JAWS, Fusion, or ZoomText)
2023 Conference Agenda
Youth Track is open to all blind and low vision students, children of blind adults, and sighted siblings aged 11-18. Pre-registration is required.
- 2023 NOPBC Youth Track Registration Form
- 2023 Youth Track Agenda (HTML)
- 2023 Youth Track Agenda (Word document)
- 2023 Youth Track Agenda (PDF)
In loving memory of Megan Bening, the Megan Bening Memorial Fund Technology Giveaway will take place before our Annual Meeting. To be eligible for the drawing, the blind child must be 1) 21 or younger, 2) registered for the NOPBC conference, 3) have a parent/guardian who is registered for the NOPBC conference. Each eligible child will receive 3 tickets for a chance to win. Thousands of dollars of technology will be given away; check them out here: